The scope of work is described below. The selected consultant or consulting team will be expected to perform all technical and other analyses necessary to complete the scope of work. The consultant will receive general direction from the SACOG Project Manager. Tasks and deliverables will include the following:
The scope of work is described below. The selected consultant or consulting team will be expected to describe in detail how many data services will be provided and how these contents will be met based on existing, already available platforms and services, and which contents would be met by developing a new platform or services as part of the proposal. All proposed data services will be weighed in proposal evaluation and selection. The consultant will receive general direction from the SACOG Project Manager. The preliminary contents of data services will include the following:
1. General Requirements
1.1 Geographic area covered: SACOG planning boundary
1.2 Source of data: device location-based data (e.g. from smartphone apps), locations or traces of devices from smartphone or in-vehicle navigation system, etc.).
1.3 The data services will be provided through an Internet based platform with a user interface to allow for access to the data, data queries, generation of maps, etc.
1.4 Licensed access to data platform: Minimum twelve-month unlimited access to data platform for the three partners to view and download data.
1.5 Days of week provided in data: Aggregation by days of week: minimum reporting average weekday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
1.6 Time granularity of data: Aggregation by time of day: minimum hourly by days for days of week aggregations.
1.7 Spatial granularity of data: maximum Census Block Group (CBG), or comparable subarea sizes.
1.8 Date of first deliverable: The full data services shall start no later than six months after a contract is signed.
1.9 Data update frequency: The data in the platform should be updated at least quarterly to the designated quarter.
2. Data Elements
2.1. Demographics of subareas, which shall
• be consistent with ACS or other reference population.
• include key household and person demographic attributes (income, age, household size, housing type, auto ownership, etc.).
2.2. Person/Vehicle trips made by SACOG residents, which shall include
o Origin and destination: Both origin and destination are inside SACOG.
o Origin and destination: Origin is inside SACOG and destination is outside SACOG (adjacent counties, Bay Area, and other).
o Origin and destination: Origin is outside SACOG (adjacent counties, Bay Area, and other) and destination is inside SACOG.
• Mode of travel (auto, transit, bike, and walk)
• Purpose (work, school, and other)
2.3 Transit trips made by SACOG residents, including
• Origins and destinations
2.4 External-Internal Trips (Made by Non-SACOG Residents)
• Origin is outside SACOG (adjacent counties, Bay Area, and other) and destination is inside SACOG.
2.5 External-External Trips (Made by Non-SACOG Residents)
• On freeways and major roads within the SACOG region
• Both origin and destination are outside SACOG (through traffic and no need to show origins and destinations).
2.6 Freight flows
• Origin and destination
o Both Origin and Destination are inside SACOG.
o Origin is inside SACOG and destination is outside SACOG (adjacent counties, Bay Area, and other).
o Origin is outside SACOG (adjacent counties, Bay Area, and other) and destination is inside SACOG.
o Both origin and destination are outside SACOG and route is within SACOG (through traffic).
2.7 Data summary
• Mode share of trips by residents of CBG / minimum subarea geography
• Trips and Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) by residents of CBG / minimum subarea geography by time period, trip purpose, mode, trip origin and destination)
• Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) and average speed by roadway section and time period
3. User Interface
3.1 Targeted queries— identify origins and destinations of person/vehicle trips:
• By roadway segment
• By transit route
• By CBG or user-specified subareas
• Query results are shown in maps, charts, or tables.
3.2 Data export
• Maps can be exported as pdf, jpeg, GIS shapefile, or other common formats.
• Tables can be exported as .csv or other common formats.
The consultant shall provide SACOG and project partners with documentations that will include but not limited to raw data collection sources and methods,and sample size and potential sources of bias in the sample, raw data de-duplication and cleaning methods, data fusion methods, calibration and validation of traffic flows, and demographics. The consultant shall provide a user manual to the project partners. More detailed requirements on documentations will be included in the final contract through a negotiation process.
1. Spatial granularity of data: custom or uploaded geographies (e.g. Traffic Analysis Zones or parcel levels); user-drawn or created subareas
2. Demographics of sub-area: aggregated at the SACOG Traffic Analysis Zone (TAZ) level or disaggregated households and persons at the parcel level
3. Person/vehicle trips: aggregated at the SACOG Traffic Analysis Zone (TAZ) level or disaggregated households and persons at the parcel level
4. Trip mode: including shared drive two persons, shared drive three or more persons, new mobility mode (TNC, bike share, etc.)
5. Trip purpose: including shopping, medical, meal, social, recreational, escort
6. Transit trips: aggregated at the SACOG Traffic Analysis Zone (TAZ) level for all routes or disaggregated person trips at the route level
1. The proposers have ready-to-use products, accomplished projects or researches that can be scored based on the preliminary contents of data services listed above.
2. The proposers should have demonstrated abilities to accomplish the tasks listed above at the designated timeline if they do not have existing products.
1. Project management
2. Licensed access to the data platform and data download without limitations for at least twelve months.
3. User Training—training on use of data platform for staff at Caltrans, ARB and SACOG.
4. Updating the data in the platform at least quarterly.
5. Documentations (see "General Requirements, 4. Documentation").
The details of the scope or work and deliverables will be designated in the contract through a negotiation process.